Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive. Kingwood, Texas 77339-3801
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. The faculty member’s role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
- Teaches courses in Respiratory Care at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Makes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines.
- Plans, develops and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course.
- Submits required college reports and forms.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community.
- Provides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Responsible for professional development and institutional service as determined in consultation with the Dean.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Mastery of course content
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning communities and distance learning.
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology.
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning.
- Minimal physical effort is required.
Salary:Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- A climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards is the general work environment, unless otherwise stated in job announcement.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within the LSC System and/or out of state with some overnight stays to support recruiting events in the spring and fall semesters.
Special Instructions:Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the “attachments” tab. Click on the “add” tab. Click “Browse” and select the file you want to attach. Then click “attach.” It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory and 3 years non-teaching work experience in the field.
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Respiratory care related teaching experience.
- Evidence of an ability to work with underprepared and diverse students.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology (including online courses).
- Experience using innovative strategies and technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively with students, faculty and administration.
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning.
How to Apply:ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Kingwood
Work Locations: 20000 Kingwood Dr
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC Kingwood – 02
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular