This unit is within the Department of General Dentistry. The Prosthodontics Faculty reports directly to the Division Director of Prosthodontics.
The Prosthodontics division works in close cooperation with the Offices of Clinical Affairs and Dental Education and Informatics to support the School’s programs and initiatives. In addition, the section works closely with other Schools and Colleges of East Carolina University and other components of the University of North Carolina, as well as local/regional educational and clinical programs.
The Prosthodontics Faculty supports the development and implementation of the Prosthodontic aspects of the preclinical and clinical curriculum taught to the dental students.
Specific duties include:
- Working closely with the Division Director of Prosthodontics and the Assistant Dean for Dental Education and Informatics in curriculum development and implementation related to Prosthodontics for the general dentist.
- Working closely with the Assistant Dean for Dental Education and Informatics and other informatics personnel to optimize the use of technology to support the section’s teaching programs.
- Helping ensure dental students are competent in the management of patients requiring prosthodontics.
- Coordinating and helping deliver curricular content related to prosthodontics in the simulation lab and didactic settings.
- Willingness and ability to cover pre-doctoral students in the clinical setting in procedures outside of the field of Prosthodontics as pertaining to the General Dentistry Model of the School of Dental Medicine.
- Conducting basic and/or clinical research, and other scholarly activities that will help qualify for appropriate promotion.
- Preparing accreditation and other program documentation as needed.
- Actively participating in the school’s faculty practice plan.
- Seeking to serve on committees and boards for state/federal government agencies, professional societies, and within the school.
- Assisting the Chair of General Dentistry and the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs in quality assurance and improvement, and compliance efforts.
- Responding to assignments from the Chair of General Dentistry and the Dean of the School of Dental Medicine essential to section’s and school’s operations.
- Attending meetings and representing the School in internal and external venues as requested by the Chair of General Dentistry or the Dean.
- Representing the School to external constituencies as appropriate.
- Performing other duties and assuming additional responsibilities as assigned by the Chair of General Dentistry or the Dean.
- Fixed-term or tenure track position available at the title/rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor.
- DDS or DMD from a Dental School accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Eligibility for dental licensure in North Carolina (A NC dental license must be secured within the first two months of employment.)
- Fellowship or Masters in Prosthodontics, Fellowship or Masters in Operative, Comprehensive Dentistry Residency Certificate (2yrs), Advanced Education in General Dentistry Certificate or General Practice Residency Certificate.
- Evidence of building teams in planning and to identify and resolve problems.
- Experience conducting basic and/or clinical research, and other scholarly activities.
Special Instructions to Applicants: East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Three References (noting contact information)
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with Qualifications