The Program Director, Doctor of Physical Therapy program will serve as the leader and chief academic officer of this program, and will be responsible for the effective day-to-day communication, program assessment and planning, fiscal management and evaluation of faculty. The incumbent will serve to develop and implement the strategic plan, education, research and clinical education programs and will provide guidance and oversight through the initial and ongoing accreditation process as the school prepares to seat its first class of students. This includes the hiring of additional program faculty, recruitment of the student class, management of the budget and development of clinical affiliation agreements. This position reports to the Dean, School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. The incumbent will receive academic rank as appropriate.
1. An earned doctorate from an accredited university. Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a related field preferred.
2. Eligibility for licensure as a physical therapist within the state of New Jersey.
3. Proven leadership ability in the field of physical therapy.
4. Substantial experience within higher education, including a minimum of six years of full time higher education experience and three years of full time experience in a physical therapy program. Experience equivalent to eligibility for appointment to a senior academic rank (Associate Professor or above).
5. Knowledge of the physical therapy accreditation process and familiarity with the details of experiential education and site establishment within the physical therapy community.
6. Ability to locate and secure external funding for a school and programs of this nature.
7. Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, service, and fostering empirical research.
8. A vision and interpersonal skills to build partnerships inside and outside the program in physical therapy, the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and University-at-large.
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.