Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Salary Range: Commensurate with Established Schedule
Job Description: This is a full-time ten-month professor/department chair position for our NAACLS-accredited Medical Laboratory Technology Program. This position reports to the Dean, Nursing and Health Sciences for the following:
- Teaching and supervising the laboratory and clinical courses in the Associate in Applied Science MLT Program.
- Responsible for the organization, administration, instruction, evaluation, continuous quality improvement, curriculum planning and development and the overall general effectiveness of the program.
- Supervising program faculty and staff.
- Participating and providing evidence of that participation in the budget preparation process.
- Engaging in 36 hours of documented continuing professional education over each three year period.
- Responsible for maintaining NAACLS accreditation of the program; have regular and consistent contact with students, faculty, and program personnel.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree required.
- Must hold a ASCP-BOC U.S. generalist certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist.
- Must have at least three years of teaching experience.
- Must have knowledge of education methods and administration as well as current NAACLS accreditation and certification procedures.