As the Physical Therapy faculty member you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
- Earned graduate degree in Physical Therapy (Masters or Doctorate) from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation. Academic Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in an area relevant to the education and practice of Physical Therapy.
- Two or more years teaching experience in a graduate physical therapy program.
- Licensed as a physical therapist in the State of Florida or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the State of Florida.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2018. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Three years of relevant clinical experience.
- Content expertise in the areas of musculoskeletal anatomy, kinesiology, biomechanical aspects of physical therapy, and adult neurological physical therapy along with experience in vestibular rehabilitation.
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS).
- Established scholarly agenda with grant writing experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
Essential Job Duties:
Teaches at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participates on College and University committees and/or initiatives.