The Department of Pediatrics at East Tennessee State University (ETSU), Quillen College of Medicine, and Medical Education Assistance Corporation (MEAC) are seeking a full-time BC/BE Pediatric Gastroenterologist to join our large collegial group of pediatricians and pediatric specialty medicine physicians in clinical care. You will work in a beautiful, new Pediatric Clinic with a warm, child and family friendly environment, emerging to be one of the region’s largest tertiary referral centers.
- Established Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic representing 9 specialties
- 24-bed Pediatric Inpatient Unit staffed by 5 Pediatric Hospitalists
- Level III 39-bed NICU
- Friendly college community is a great place to raise a family near the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains.
Other considerations for this position
- The position is at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor
- At time of hire, completion of Pediatric Gastroenterology fellowship is required
- This is a non-tenure, clinical track position
- Academic responsibilities include teaching of medical students and pediatric residents, and academic pursuits
- Clinical responsibilities include providing clinical care at Niswonger Children’s Hospital and out-patient clinic
- Competitive salary and benefit package; contingent on external funding
We are located just west of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the area offers excellent schools, a low cost of living and a wealth of outdoor activities. The steep mountains, rolling hills and valleys surrounding the Johnson City region are part of the Appalachian Ridge-and-Valley Province. Exciting outdoor recreation close to home include hiking, whitewater rafting and various boating opportunities. Johnson City is ranked the #14 “Best Small Place for Business and Careers” in the USA by Forbes, and #5 in Kiplinger’s list of “The 10 Least-Expensive Cities For Living in the U.S.A.
Required QualificationsCompletion of Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship at time of hire.
Salary: Contingent on experiencePosting Number: F00045P