During the Academic year 2017/2018, it is anticipated that there may be vacancies on the full-time faculty of the Department of Pediatrics in one or more of the following Divisions:
- Allergy, Prescott Atkinson, MD
- Cardiology, Yung Lau, MD
- Child Abuse Pediatrics, Michael Taylor, MD
- Critical Care, Nancy Tofil, MD
- Developmental Pediatrics, Carolyn Ashworth, MD
- Emergency Medicine, Peter Glaeser, MD
- Endocrinology, Kenneth McCormick, MD
- Gastroenterology, Reed Dimmit, MD
- General Peds/Adolescent Med., Terry Wall, MD
- Hospital Medicine, Robert Pass, MD
- Infectious Disease, Richard Whitley, MD
- Neonatology, Waldemar Carlo, MD
- Nephrology, Daniel Feig, MD
- Neurology, Leon Dure, MD
- Pulmonary, Hector Gutierrez, MD
- Rehab Medicine, Drew Davis, MD
- Rheumatology, Randy Cron, MD
- Hematology/Oncology, Kimberly Whelan, MD (Interim)
Physicians, Ph.D.s and other qualified individuals interested in being considered for both tenured and non-tenured academic faculty positions are encouraged to apply. UABs family friendly policies and resources support faculty in achieving a balance between work and family/personal commitments.
MD, DO, PhD, MD/PhD
Open Until Filled:
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Pre-employment Background Check:
A pre-employment background check investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment
Drug/Nicotine Screen (if applicable):
Physicians and other clinical faculty candidates who will be employed by the University of Alabama Health Services Foundation (UAHSF) or other UAB Medicine entities must successfully complete a pre-employment drug and nicotine screen to be hired.
About University of Alabama at Birmingham:
To learn more about the University of Alabama at Birmingham click here.