Overview

Salary
Commensurate With Experience

Posting Summary
The individual filling this position will be responsible for the development of an Occupational Therapy Doctoral program from concept document through all approvals associated with the School of Health Professions, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, Rutgers University (Central Administration) and the New Jersey State Department of Higher Education and Presidents Council. Additionally, once the program is approved, this employee along with the department chair, will be responsible for hiring faculty, writing policies, maintaining a budget, achieving/maintaining accreditation, and other administrative responsibilities consistent with administering an Occupational Therapy Doctoral program within the Rehabilitation & Movement Sciences Department. Generally, 90% of the program director’s effort is divided equally between administrative duties and teaching and other educational or service related duties. The remaining 10% of the time will be made available for the faculty member to pursue their areas of scholarship.

Minimum Education and Experience
1) A PhD or EdD in a related field, and/or a clinical doctorate in Occupational Therapy
2) Be a Licensed or eligible for Occupational Therapy licensure
3) Excellent organizational and planning skills.
4) An excellent record of employment and/or teaching experience in the field
5) Legal authorization to work in the United States.
6) A minimum of 8 years of experience in the field of Occupational Therapy with a minimum of 3 years as a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post-baccalaureate level
7) Current AOTA membership
8) Experiences with Occupational Therapy curriculum design and accreditation
9) In-depth knowledge of ACOTE regulations

Quick Link to Posting
http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/49591