The University of Saint Mary, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Nursing Department Chair. The Chair will provide visionary leadership to a growing Nursing department in the University while living up to the mission of educating students of diverse backgrounds to realize their God-given potential and prepares them for value-centered lives and careers that contribute to the well-being of our global society.
The ideal candidates for Chair should have/be:
- Licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Kansas and Missouri or the ability to obtain such licensure;
- Doctorate in nursing or healthcare, education or related field required;
- Master of Science in Nursing;
- Evidence of teaching experience and scholarship;
- Minimum of five (5) years college-level teaching and administrative experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree program;
- Successfully able to serve as a role model for teaching and learning;
- Knowledge of higher education leadership, excellent oral and written communication, organization, strong interpersonal and technology skills;
- Experience in budgeting, planning, faculty development, clinical relationships and oversight, as well faculty recruitment and retention efforts are preferred.
The Program: University of Saint Mary offers a traditional and accelerated BSN, an online RN to BSN and an online MSN program. The faculty of the nursing program are dedicated to serving their students and the mission of the University. They provide a very caring and supportive learning environment in which students are engaged in their learning. An exciting new FNP tract will join the current education and administration options in the CCNE accredited MSN program. This new program has been approved by KSBN and is on target to launch in the fall of 2018.
The University: The University of Saint Mary was founded in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, and has a long tradition of academic excellence. Saint Mary is a tight-knit community with an enrollment of about 1400 students where one-on-one attention is valued and growth is measured by more than a percent in a grade book. USM focuses on fulfilling the needs of both our students and society— establishing academic programs where purpose, global impact, and long-term success govern their existence. Students are inspired to follow their dreams and find their potential—choosing from over 30 majors, minors, and concentrations; eight graduate programs, including USM’s newest: Master of Science in Athletic Training; along with a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
The University of Saint Mary educates students of diverse backgrounds to realize their God-given potential and prepares them for value centered lives and careers that contribute to the well-being of our global society. The University of Saint Mary believes in the dignity of each person’s capacity to learn, to relate, and to better our diverse world. We value: Community, respect, justice, and excellence.
The Greater Kansas City Community: An advantage to the University of Saint Mary is its location and proximity to all of the shopping and entertainment venues in Kansas City. Some of the exciting venues include the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, Kansas City Chiefs Football, Kansas City Zoo, Kaufman Center for the Performing Arts, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Kansas City Royals Baseball, and the Kansas Speedway. Great shopping is available at the Legends of Village West, Oak Park Mall, Town Center Plaza, Zona Rosa Shopping District, and the Shops at Boardwalk. Also, the area is filled with festivals ranging from the Crown Center Christmas Tree Lighting to the Waterfire KC. Lawrence, Kansas, where the University of Kansas is located, is just a 45 minute ride away.
Applications: All correspondence relating to the Nursing Department Chair should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Christopher S. Healy, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
- A cover letter outlining your clinical and academic experience as a nursing educator.
- A comprehensive CV outlining your nursing career in higher education.
- The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position, e-mail address, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission from the candidate.
Applications submitted by March 30, 2018 will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
The University of Saint Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.