The George Mason University Department of Health Administration and Policy (HAP) is seeking a full-time, 12-month, term faculty position in Health Administration/Health Systems Management at the rank of Term Assistant Professor. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Serves as a Faculty Coordinator to provide oversight, direction, and support of all student affairs for the online CAHME-accredited MHA program;
- Directly responsible for student onboarding and student advising (professional academic program advising);
- Will teach courses in the program and will serve as the field practicum faculty for the non-thesis capstone project practicum course;
- Serves as online program coordinator for the MHA Program in Health Systems Management; and
- Serve as teaching faculty in HAP, teaching courses consistent with their background/expertise across HAP’s Health Systems management programs (B.S. through Ph.D.).
All HAP term faculty teach across the graduate and undergraduate curriculum in with varied responsibilities, including but not limited to teaching, research and securing external funding, curriculum and dissertation guidance, student advisement, and university and community service. Because our faculty is composed of scholars from many academic and professional disciplines and because we collaborate with faculty throughout Mason, we are especially interested in bringing in a colleague whose work can transcend disciplinary boundaries.
- Earned doctorate in a discipline related to health systems management or in the health profession;
- Academic program teaching experience (online and traditional formats); and
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and experience relevant to managing program implementation.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically;
- Ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment; and
- Priority will be given to applicants with academic teaching experience and a background and experience working in health service organizations and in managing programs that service the healthcare industry.
Information about Mason’s Health Informatics program can be found at:
The university is located in Fairfax, in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. Northern Virginia is home to one of the largest concentrations of high-tech firms in the nation. There are excellent opportunities for interaction with government agencies, sophisticated public and private health systems, and robust high-tech firms.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F190Az at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, current CV, a list of three professional references with contact information, and a copy of professional credentials if appropriate (to be uploaded in field labeled ‘other doc’). Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Letters of inquiry may be sent electronically email@example.com.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.