We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment. The Sullivan University System has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for three years in a row, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
Spencerian Louisville is now hiring for a Full-time Medical Ethics Instructor. Every faculty member has responsibilities to students as an instructor and mentor, to the school administration as an employee in an organization, and to their department as a team member willing to respect others and to support team goals.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Prepares fully for and teaches classes as assigned, making good use of class time and keeping all classes for the scheduled period.
- Develops appropriate grading policies and methods of student assessment to monitor and communicate academic progress.
- Provides full information to students regarding course syllabi, objectives, texts, and materials required for the courses taught.
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance and academic progress.
- Recognizes individual differences in the classroom, and adapts instructional techniques accordingly.
- Communicates early with the student and the student’s advisor or Dean regarding possible academic failure.
- Assists students with academic difficulties including being available for consultation outside of class.
- Encourages and motivates students in a positive manner to do their best.
- Refers students to appropriate staff, office or resource person for information, guidance, financial assistance, placement, etc.
- Enforces regulations in the school catalog, student handbook, and student dress guidelines.
- Submits academic information such as course syllabi, final grade reports, grade changes, and mid-term deficiency grades on time to the appropriate person (registrar, dean, chairperson, etc.) utilizing the institution’s reporting procedures.
- Continues further professional development by keeping alert to changes within the field, attending professional training, and maintaining an annual Professional Development Plan that meets institutional and accrediting council guidelines.
- Attends scheduled faculty, department, and committee meetings and training sessions required by SUS.
- If full-time, participates in Plus Friday, orientation days, graduation activities and other events and promotional activities as assigned. The Sullivan University System
- Uses college equipment and property appropriately and have students do the same. Reports broken or damaged equipment to the administrative office immediately.
- Abides by all accrediting council, state, federal and institutional policies and procedures, rules and laws.
- Supports students with unique ADA needs and works with Deans/Chairs as needed in understanding necessary accommodations.
Requirements of the position include:
- Day, evening and online instructor to teach Medical Ethics.
- Required qualifications: Masters Degree in Healthcare field with 18 graduate credits in ethics.
- Experience teaching online preferred