Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you’re looking for.
For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options.
The Commonwealth’s oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Under the direction of the Dean of Health Sciences, works collaboratively and collegially with all segments of the college and external agencies, as well as the division to provide nursing instruction (preparation, lecture, Skills lab, clinical, simulation, student advising and evaluations). Performs college service, participates in recruitment, and participates in ongoing BORN approval and ACEN accreditation process. Faculty provides students with opportunities to acquire the knowledge, practice the skills, and demonstrate the behaviors identified in student learning outcomes and lecture objectives using varied and appropriate active teaching methods. Plan learning activities to meet program outcomes based on the standards set by policies, legal and other regulatory requirements, and acceptable practices. Follows the policies governing Holyoke Community College (HCC), regulations of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (MABORN), and the Accreditation Commission of Nursing Education (ACNE) standards for the ASN and PN students. Faculty also participates in the ongoing program’s evaluation and continuous improvement process and engages in personal professional development.
- Class preparation utilizing a wide variety of teaching methods and techniques including audio/visual aids/computer technologies and group activities for the ASN and PN students.
- Assigns, supervises and evaluates students in clinical setting. Plans clinical experiences for; providing supervision and documented evaluation based on student learning outcomes of nursing students delivering safe nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- Promotes working relationships with external clinical agencies utilized by the College for student learning experiences.
- Participates in and attends regularly scheduled meetings for HCC Committees, Nursing Department Committees, and Nursing Course Team meetings.
- Actively participates in the Systematic Evaluation (SEP) of the Nursing programs, Curriculum Development, and Nursing Department Admissions work.
- Creates college laboratory learning experiences, to include simulation, for student demonstration and evaluation of clinical nursing skills and student learning outcomes.
- Maintains clinical expertise in area of specialization.
- Actively supports Nursing Success Team which is designed to recruit, maintain, and support nursing students and nursing program’s graduates.
- Works effectively as part of the overall faculty team demonstrating positive interpersonal relations, communication, collaborating with other faculty members to meet department and student needs.
- Actively participates in college service and recruitment.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies of the College.
- Additional duties as required by the college.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Nursing–eligible for unrestricted Massachusetts license; licensed by time of hire; minimum five years full-time clinical nursing experience or its equivalent within the last eight years; evidence of clinical competence in the area of clinical instruction; commitment to support underrepresented students in nursing; demonstrated excellent teaching skills including using interactive and varied pedagogical strategies; teaching experience in higher education; confident and comfortable with technology based instruction including on-line course work; commitment to teaching a student body diverse in abilities, age, ethnicity, race and sexual orientation; and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff & student body.
NOTES: A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Community College teaching experience; recent clinical experience in medical-surgical nursing/long-term care/rehab/sub-acute settings.
COMPENSATION: Salary Range: $42,921-$60,000 Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience in accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full State benefits package.
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
– All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
– Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- List of references with names, addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
- Copy of college Transcripts
DEADLINE: Additional applications are considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants – https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.