Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) seeks an instructor/Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Public Health Epidemiology. This individual, based on expertise and typical content of benchmarked programs, will establish the scope of the above named courses, develop syllabi in consonance with current COM syllabus templates, determine materials to be used for classroom teaching, present and evaluate content in the disciplines and topics captioned above. The successful candidate will take part in student advising and program wide activities such as program committee work and service-related functions such as reviewing applicant files, providing evaluation to external institutions and evaluating the courses to ensure continuous improvement.
- Assign, review and grade an appropriate portion of student capstone projects especially as they relate to this faculty member’s individual area of expertise.
- Coordinate grading and program goals across disciplines to ensure proper level and content for courses in the BMS program.
- Interact productively with all faculty members in the College and participate in activities in and across campus.
- Direct the work of graduate students as appropriate to the faculty member’s expertise and experience.
- Serve on thesis committees where appropriate.
- Engage in the conception, planning and execution of research as appropriate for the individual’s expertise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution and have had training and experience appropriate to allow teaching at the graduate levels in the fields of statistics and public health epidemiology.
- Prior teaching experience is advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Adheres to Marian University’s policy and procedures
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students subordinates, and supervisors
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Meets department productivity standards
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and systems
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic goals
- Adheres to the department budget
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 38 national titles.
Marian University offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current CV with evidence of outstanding teaching and professional activities, names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to email@example.com will be considered. Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.