The Department of Public Health at Western Kentucky University (WKU) invites applications for a nine-month Instructor, non-tenure eligible appointment, beginning Fall semester 2017 in the Healthcare Administration Program. Appointments are effective August 15, 2017. Except for tenure eligible positions, appointments are for one year only and are renewable based on funding availability. We are seeking candidates interested in working with us to educate our students to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse, multicultural, and technology-driven society. This position will be filled with a professional who has the potential and desire for engaging in professional collaboration with others at the university, national, and international levels.
- Assist in the administration of the HCA program as directed by the Program Coordinator or head of department;
- Teach up to five undergraduate courses in HCA per semester;
- Participate in program activities including advising, research, professional development and curriculum development;
- May also assist with program promotion and student recruitment in the HCA program.
- Additional duties include, but are not limited to, professional service, student advisement and participation in collaborative activities.
- Hold a Master of Health Administration or a closely related field.
- The candidate must have experience in teaching undergraduate courses addressing a range of healthcare and health policy topics within an HCA program
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills.
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, veteran status, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745 – 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
The following items must be submitted by visiting http://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=83687 , although expressions of interest may be considered until the position is filled:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcripts
Names and contact information of three reference providers will be collected during the application process. Reference letters will be requested by the Search Committee through an online process at a later date.
You will receive email confirmation once you have successfully completed the application process.