Primary responsibilities of this position include undergraduate instruction and include:
- Methods of teaching various content areas within core physical education curriculum for Teacher Education.
- Supervision of undergraduate physical education majors in field experiences.
- Supervision of student teachers.
- Supervision of PE Majors Club
The successful candidate will work with program faculty to operate, evaluate, and continue to develop the Physical Education program to its maximum potential. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, professional service, student advisement, and participation in collaborative activities. We are seeking candidates interested in working with us to educate our students to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse, multicultural, and technology-driven society. This position will be filled with a professional who has evidence of the potential and desire for engaging in professional collaboration with others at the university, local, regional and national levels.
The candidate should have:
- Master’s degree (minimum) in physical education or a related field;
- Teaching experience in the PreK-12 Physical Education school setting (3-year minimum);
- Knowledge of current regulations pertaining to teacher education and teacher certification in Kentucky;
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching full-time in a Physical Education Teacher Education Program.
- Commitment to teaching that is consistent with the College’s priorities for the School and the mission of the University as evidenced by student evaluations provided upon request.
- Evidence of ability to work in a diverse academic and professional community through references.
- Complementing existing faculty strengths in terms of class coverage.
- Evidence of strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services (EEO) at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
The following items must be submitted by visiting http://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=94643 , although expressions of interest may be considered until the position is filled:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vita
- Copy of certifications
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Names and contact information of three reference providers will be collected during the application process. Reference letters will be requested by the Search Committee through an online process at a later date.
You will receive email confirmation once you have successfully completed the application process.