Pace University’s College of Health Professions, Department of Health Studies seeks a Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Member to join our new our Health Science (BS) program at the Pleasantville (Westchester County) and New York City campuses. The new faculty member will have a primary assignment at one campus but may be required to teach courses on the other campus as necessary.
The College of Health Professions (CHP) at Pace University is seeking to expand over the next three to five years. CHP was established in 2010 in an effort to showcase Pace’s commitment to research and teaching in the health professions. The College is made up of the Lienhard School of Nursing, the Pace University-Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Studies Department, and the Department of Health Studies (which includes the Communication Sciences and Disorders program along with the Bachelor of Science in Health Science. Additional programs in health studies are currently in development).
Our vision is to be recognized for our innovative leadership in education, practice, scholarship, and service to improve health and the health professions. Our mission is to educate and challenge diverse students for the health professions to be leaders, innovators and lifelong learners who will positively impact local, national, and global health.
Pace University is an exceptional setting for prospective faculty members seeking a collegial work environment, a focused teaching practice, and excellent scholarship support in New York.
We provide unparalleled support in the form of:
- Scholarship support and opportunities, including conference support and consultants
- Released time to work on scholarship
- Faculty mentoring in teaching and scholarship
- Graduate assistants for research and teaching
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support available for scholarship during the first two years
- A Research Doctorate, (i.e. Ph.D, Dr.PH, Sc.D, or Ed.D), in Health Policy, Health Systems, Public Policy, Political Science, or a related social science field
- A minimum of (3) years teaching experience within a higher education setting
- An active program of research, and a track record of publications and grant activity
- Undergraduate teaching and/or professional experience in health policy and advocacy
- A background in evidence-based practice and cultural competence
- A strong commitment to teaching excellence, health-related scholarship that informs teaching, and university and professional service
The successful candidate will teach courses in the newly developed Health Science undergraduate major. Courses include: Health Care Policy, History of the US Healthcare System, Patient Education and Advocacy, Global Health Care Systems, and Government Policy and Politics.
The program offers three (3) academic tracks of study to prepare students for professional opportunities:
2. Pre-Nursing Preparation
3. Pre-Physician Assistant Preparation
The program offers four (4) areas of concentration:
1. Health Policy and Advocacy
2. Global Health
3. Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
How to apply:
E-mail a CV and cover letter detailing research, teaching and service experience and goals to CHPEducatorJobs@pace.edu. Application reviews will continue until the position is filled. Faculty appointment commences on 9/1/17.
For more information about the Department of Health Studies, please visit www.pace.edu/healthstudies. For more information about the Bachelor’s of Science in Health Science, please visit http://www.pace.edu/college-health-professions/undergraduate-programs/bachelor-science-health-science.