Graceland University invites applications to fill a full-time, 12-month contract, Graduate Nursing Faculty position on the Independence MO Campus in the fall.
The successful candidates will have:
- possess a terminal degree (PhD, or non-practice DNP) in nursing or related field;
- experience as a nurse educator (online teaching experience in graduate nursing is preferred);
- academic preparation commensurate with the area in which they teach;
- on-campus presence as required to fulfill faculty responsibilities;
- current license to practice professional nursing in Missouri and Iowa (compact states) or the ability to acquire them.
Faculty are expected to fully participate in the academic life of the institution by following expectations set forth in the University Faculty Personnel Policy and the School of Nursing Bylaws. Graduate nursing faculty serve under a 12-month contract that includes three 16 week trimesters per year. Faculty workload distribution (teaching, service, scholarship/practice) varies and is negotiated annually with the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs. Regular on-campus presence is required to fulfill responsibilities of the faculty role.
The School of Nursing is accredited by the CCNE, and the MO and IA State Boards of Nursing. Online programs are approved in a number of states across the country. The School of Nursing offers a traditional BSN on the Independence, MO campus. Online programs include RN to BSN, RN to MSN, MSN and post master’s DNP. The faculty and staff create learning communities where professional nursing students develop their potential for meaningful and productive lives.
Graceland University was founded in 1895 in Lamoni, IA where the residential campus still presides. The residential campus supports a diverse student population with a strong foundation in liberal arts. The School of Nursing was established in Independence, MO in 1969 as a commuter campus and has grown to educate students in traditional and nontraditional settings. The Edmond J. Gleazer School of Education, the C. H. Sandage School of Business, and the Community of Christ Seminary offers classes online and on-ground through the Independence Campus.
Graceland University values: Learning, Wholeness, Community
The full and complete application should be sent to email@example.com or;
Graceland University, Dr. Jan Rice, 1401 W. Truman Rd. Independence, MO 64050
- A cover letter outlining your clinical and academic experience as a nursing educator.
- A comprehensive CV/resume outlining your nursing career.
- The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position,
e-mail address, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission from the candidate.
Applications submitted by March 30, 2018 will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Graceland University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.