The Program Director for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program oversees the development, management and administration of the program, including planning, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, achievement and maintenance of accreditation, and commitment to strategies for professional development. Ensures program compliance with regional and programmatic accreditation requirements. Responsible for the development and appropriate management of all experiential learning sites. Participates in curriculum development and coordination, and supervision and evaluation of faculty. Provides professional leadership and support for faculty, and enables an environment which fosters creativity (scholarly activity), responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
- Academic doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DSc) required
- Physical therapist, licensed or eligible for license to practice in Ohio
- Minimum of five (5) years in the field of physical therapy, including documented clinical practice as a physical therapist
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post-secondary level, minimum of three (3) years experience in a PT educational program
- Evidence of scholarship (e.g. scholarship of application, practice or engagement, scholarship of teaching and learning) required
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, Higher Learning Commission, APTA, CAPTE, and other accreditation standards
This is an ideal position for an individual who has recently earned a terminal academic doctorate, has the requisite academic experience, and is ready to move into the administrative ranks. Strong mentoring by a program consultant will be provided the new Director during the program development stages, including AFC development and the CAPTE site visit.
To learn more about Kettering College, visit our website www.kc.edu . To receive more information about this position please contact Ruth Abbott, Dean Academic Affairs for Nursing and Graduate Programs at email@example.com or 937-395-8718.