Physical Therapy Assistant Program
North Central State College is accepting resumes for a full-time Faculty/Program Director in the Physical Therapist Assistant program. The position will commence Fall semester, 2018 (8/20/18).
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains minimum of 15 credit/18 contact hours of classroom or laboratory instruction per term and reflects a 40-hour workweek.
- Meets with all classes as scheduled and provides the full component of instruction.
- Provides appropriate assistance and supervision to students in all classrooms or laboratories.
- Delivers instruction based on the learning objectives and course outcomes found in the official College syllabus.
- Develops and maintains appropriate course materials to be distributed to students.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in the faculty member’s discipline and in teaching strategies.
- Holds at least four (4) office hours per week for student consultation and advisement.
- Maintains accurate academic records for all students.
- Maintains accurate attendance records for all students.
- Reports attendance information, midterm deficiencies, and final term grade to the Student Records Office in the manner and by the dates specified.
- Operates within the organizational structure and policies of the College.
- Attends departmental, divisional, and professional development meetings and other College activities as required.
- Attends graduation ceremonies and assists as requested.
- Assists the divisional Dean, Assistant Dean, and/or program coordinator in maintaining an inventory of appropriate educational supplies and equipment.
- Maintains proper housekeeping and safety rules in laboratories and classrooms.
- Maintains security of College property.
- Serves on College committees.
- Performs community service including serving on and working with community organizations, area agencies, and /or advisory committees.
- Maintains proper housekeeping, safety, and security in laboratory and classroom.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate educational supplies and equipment in laboratory and classroom.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, peers, and staff to promote competence, education, and training related to program.
- Recruits, observes, and coordinates adjunct faculty in conjunction with Assistant Dean.
- Arrange faculty mentorship of new adjunct faculty.
- Develops master semester schedules of classes, room utilization and staffing for Assistant Dean approval.
- Recommends new course development.
- Responsible for updating curriculum
- Work with course coordinators to develop and update course syllabi and CBEs.
- Leads the program’s internal assessment including program review and participates in College-wide assessment activities.
- Meet twice monthly with department faculty and prepare or arrange preparation of the minutes and submits to Assistant Dean.
- Coordinate the selection of textbooks and ordering of faculty desk copies in consultation with department faculty and Assistant Dean.
- Research and recommend to the Assistant Dean equipment and supplies to be purchased for the program.
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment, facilities, and supplies of the program.
- In consultation with faculty, recommend to the Assistant Dean the purchase of books and materials for the library.
- In cooperation with course coordinators, recommend to the Assistant Dean appropriate lab and other special fees for courses in the program.
- Model and mentor faculty in providing effective academic advising for students in the program.
- Provide input to the Assistant Dean for the evaluation of all program faculty in matters related to the curriculum.
- Work with the Assistant Dean and faculty to develop goals and objectives and evaluate their attainment.
- Provide input to the Assistant Dean for the development and monitoring of the program’s annual budget.
- Participate in recruiting and retaining students.
- Communicate with adjunct faculty throughout the term and work with curriculum coordinators to assist faculty with course content, delivery, and classroom issues.
- Provide input to the Assistant Dean for the development of promotional and administrative materials such as brochures, fliers, forms, web pages, curriculum guides, college catalog entries, and capital plans related to the program/department.
- Schedule, plan, and attend program advisory committee meetings (at least twice per year required).
- Aligning program goals with professional advisory committee input.
- Develop program review data and reports for administrative review and submission.
- Provide leadership for student advising.
- Leads specialized accreditation requirements – including self-studies, follow-up reporting.
- Responsible for student selection process, handbooks, and related program policy and procedures for Assistant Dean review
- Maintain contact with local employers through regular visitations and dialogues for the purpose of enhancing placement, recruitment, and curriculum development and share input and feedback from these contacts with the Dean and Assistant Dean.
Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy or related field
Current Ohio PT Licensure.
5 years’ clinical practice experience.
Didactic and/or clinical teaching experience.
Experience in educational theory and methodology.
Currency in contemporary practice.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and résumé to:
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
You may also apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/1147942. Click on “Info For” then “Job Seekers”
Resumes will be reviewed until filled
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.