Hagerstown Community College is pleased to announce that applications are currently being accepted for a Faculty/Program Coordinator, Pharmacy Technician position.
This full-time, tenure track, 11-month faculty position has primary responsibilities for program coordination, core curricula development, evaluation, and teaching for the Pharmacy Technician Program. The faculty/program coordinator will procure material and instructional resources, oversight of program accreditation and the advisory committee, student recruitment and advising, recruitment and supervision of adjunct faculty, and be responsible for the ongoing development, evaluation, and revisions of the Pharmacy Technician curricula.
Education and experience –
- Must be licensed pharmacy technician or pharmacist or eligible for licensure in the State of Maryland with the Maryland Pharmacy Board.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with teaching experience at a community college preferred, and a background in education theory and methodology, and current concept knowledge relative to subjects teaching.
- Minimum of three years recent, with a combination, of retail and institutional pharmacy experience required.
Skills and abilities –
- Strong organizational and writing skills; attention to detail, with excellent advising/counseling skills.
- Knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with staff, students, and the community.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, makes decisions independently, and attends to details.
For more information on this position and to apply online, please visit www.hagerstowncc.edu/employment. In addition to the application, please also include a cover letter and resume. Recommendation letters and college transcripts are preferred.
Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Office at 240-500-2585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.