The Department of Kinesiology at Vanguard University of Southern California invites applications for two full-time, tenure-track faculty positions in Kinesiology at the Assistant Professor and Assistant/Associate level to begin Fall 2018. Areas of specialization are open, however, a well-qualified candidate should be able to teach both introductory courses (e.g. Lifetime Fitness and Wellness; Foundation of Kinesiology) and upper division courses related to her/his area of scholarly and applied research expertise (e.g. exercise physiology, biomechanics, strength & conditioning, motor behavior). The mission of the Department of Kinesiology is to equip students to become leaders capable of impacting their world for Christ. The program seeks to prepare competent professionals through personalized education in the classroom, research, and field-based experiences. The goal of the department is to develop independent, critical thinkers who possess an interdisciplinary education with an in-depth understanding of kinesiology.
- Teach four courses per semester (eight per year) in Kinesiology.
- Mentor students within the Kinesiology major, including the maintenance of regular on-campus office hours as prescribed by the university faculty handbook.
- Engage students in the integration of faith and learning.
- Identify risks to the organization within the department and discuss risk reduction options with immediate supervisor.
- Perform committee work as prescribed by the university faculty handbook.
- Participate in Department of Kinesiology governance and faculty meetings.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. in Kinesiology or related field (e.g. Exercise Science) with college teaching experience preferred. ABD considered with previous college level teaching experience.
- Knowledge and ability to teach both introductory and upper-division courses.
- Candidates must have evidence of a strong commitment to undergraduate education. This includes mentoring and collaborating with students with applied and community-based research projects.
- Possess a vibrant Christian faith, and commitment to an academically rigorous integration of faith and learning.
Full-time position. Rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Accompanying essays
- Personal Testimony of Relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Philosophy of Christian Education and Role of a Christian University.
- Integration of Faith, Teaching and Scholarship.
- Curriculum vita
- One to three letters of reference
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
* Email must include all the above requested attachments and a completed Faculty application in order to be considered.Review of applications begins immediately; applications will be accepted until position is filled or until there are a sufficient number of applicants. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on the final candidate. For more information about Vanguard University and the Department of Kinesiology, click here.
Dr. Diana Avans
Chair, Department of Kinesiology
Vanguard University of Southern California
55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626