Director of Clinical Education/Instructor, Respiratory Therapy
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Posting #: 16-199
Campus: 1BH – Biological & Health Sciences
Number of Working Months: 12 Months
Starting Salary: $68,479.00 – $112,466.00
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Duration: Full-Time
Full Salary Range: $68,479.00 – $112,466.00 annually
Initial Review Date: 7/3/17*
*Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Director of Clinical Education/Instructor, Respiratory Therapy, Foothill College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the Dean, Biological and Health Sciences, the Director of Clinical Education will be responsible for organizing, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Respiratory Therapy Program. Additional responsibilities: Attend professional conferences and quarterly meetings. Evaluate the effectiveness and performance of clinical instructors. Secure new clinical sites and manage ongoing and new contractual agreements with clinical affiliates. Visit clinical facilities and provide guidance and counseling with regard to teaching practices. Instruct students at clinical sites. Coordinate with clinical staff to establish a clinical assignment for students. Coordinate the scheduling of students within the department. Conduct orientation for students to each clinical education site. Monitor competency evaluations and review clinical records with students. Coordinate the clinical education for the Respiratory Therapy Program, to include clinical faculty schedules.
Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, service on district and/or college committees, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
• Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
• Bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist; of which two (2) years must include clinical respiratory care AND a minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching in an accredited Respiratory Therapy Care Program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
• Valid California License Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant’s expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
• Master’s degree.
• Management, supervisory experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
• Knowledge of the principles and process of instructional design and curriculum development
• Knowledge of current clinical and theoretical aspects of Respiratory Therapy.
• Ability to teach and communicate effectively with students.
• Ability to work closely and cooperatively with colleagues.
• Ability to work with academically and culturally diverse students.
• Indoor, office environment.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
• Vision sufficient to read various materials.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
• Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
• Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
• Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
• Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
• A District on-line application to be completed at http://apptrkr.com/1016421 *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
• A cover letter detailing your background and experience, skills, and abilities as they relate to the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position.
• A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
• Photocopies of RCP license and RRT Certification.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not otherwise meet minimum qualifications via educational degree attainment as specified), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application packet. Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” webpage to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
HIRING RANGE: $68,479.00 – $112,466.00 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to:
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Other voluntary benefits are also available such as legal assistance, pet insurance, and long-term care. Faculty are also eligible for paid professional development leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Tenure-track, 12-months per year
STARTING DATE: Summer 2017
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact: