University of Idaho
Director, Northern Idaho Area Health Education Center
Division/College: Provost (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $46,000 per year
Full/Part Time: Part Time
The Northern Idaho Area Health Education Center (NI-AHEC) Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations and leadership of the NI-AHEC. This position is responsible for the full spectrum of AHEC leadership, finances, planning, reporting, and programming to ensure that the NI-AHEC meets all grant deliverables.
The Director will be responsible for delivering the AHEC in the Northern Idaho Area. The NI-AHEC program develops and enhances education and training networks within communities, academic institutions, and community-based organizations relating to rural and underserved healthcare. While working closely with medical education, the NI-AHEC director’s goal is to increase diversity among health professionals, broaden the distribution of the health workforce, enhance health care quality, and improve health care delivery to rural and underserved areas and populations. The NI-AHEC program will be organized within the UI WWAMI Medical Education program and the NI-AHEC director will report to the Foundation Director of the WWAMI Medical Education Program.
- Bachelor’s degree (any field)
- At least four years’ full time relevant work experience; experience can come from one position, or multiple positions held, as long as there is at least two years’ in each of the areas listed below:
- – Higher education work experience
- – Experience in a health related program
- – Experience providing administrative support to an executive (such as a Director or other higher level position)
- Superior skills in written and verbal communications, interpersonal interactions, use of computers.
• Master’s degree preferred
Posting Number: SP001583P
Closing Date: 10/26/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/10945970
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.