- Provides primary leadership for the assigned health Science programs, including program development and initial and ongoing accreditation processes, and continuous improvement and assessment plans.
- In collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences, seeks out additional Health Sciences programming opportunities and provides leadership in the development of new programs.
- Prepares, submits, and monitors an annual budget for some credit and non-credit programs of health Sciences.
- In collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences and Program Directors, assures compliance with state, accreditation, and other regulatory requirements.
- Recruits and supervises qualified part-time instructors for assigned programs.
- In collaboration with appropriate discipline faculty and faculty support personnel, conducts classroom observations of part-time faculty.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with area healthcare agencies and providers.
- Establishes and maintains program advisory committees. Holds at least two advisory committee meetings per year, per program.
- In collaboration with the Health Sciences department, designs professional development opportunities, including non-credit and CEU , for incumbent healthcare workers.
- Seeks out grant opportunities for Health Sciences programming and support.
- Writes and submits required reports and maintains accurate program documentation.
- Coordinates the development of program outcomes for each assigned program area of Health Sciences and assures that appropriate assessment measures are in place to measure student learning and success.
- Coordinates the program review process for each assigned Health Sciences program.
- Monitors and coordinates curricular revisions, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Lake Michigan College
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxSkLCPzJk.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzM2vKZIhE, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53VTKiyNImo, and nationally acclaimed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EREbfSoPURY. But many who visit, choose to stay for our http://berriencounty.org/uploaded_images/files/2015%20Berrien%20County%20Profile%20Proof.pdf.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.