Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Department Chair is a full-time academic administrator who reports to the Dean of Academic Affairs and works closely with the School’s academic administrators, academic advising and administrative staff, and faculty. The person filling this position will need strong leadership skills, flexibility, creative problem solving skills and a strong commitment to the profession.
- Maintains quality and integrity of the Program curriculum reflective of TCSPP’s standards and program mission
- Coordinates the programmatic accreditation processes for the programs
- Supervises program and unit coordinators, program faculty, and graduate assistants
- Provides oversight and guidance to the course assignment process for programs
- Provides oversight and guidance to the student development and evaluation process for programs with the appropriate personnel
- Leads the faculty recruitment, orientation, development, mentoring, and evaluation processes
- Manages student success and academic progress efforts in the program
- Coordinates the residency, skill development, and field experience activities with the appropriate personnel
- Manages the program assessment and evaluation processes
- Collaborates with other school personnel to manage the grade appeal process
- Works closely with the program admissions committee and enrollment team
- Provides School and University committee service and scholarship
- Develops and maintains community amongst faculty and students.
- May provide limited mentoring and teaching
- Program P/L responsibility
- Some travel required (minimally once per quarter)
- Earned doctorate must be in an area of Public Health (PhD or DrPH), or closely related field
- Two to five years of graduate teaching experience
- Extensive experience in faculty/staff development, supervision, and evaluation.
- Experience with outreach and developing cohorts through community / association relationships
- Experience in program management
- Experience in chairing or serving on dissertation and thesis committees
- Significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field of counseling
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment including students who are experienced professionals
- Experience teaching, advising and mentoring
- Commitment to the promotion of applied research and the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty
- Experience, skill, and comfort leading and managing a large and complex team of professionals toward a common set of goals
- Excellent leadership, communication, team, and human relations skills
- Experienced in training counselors in a distance learning environment
- Thrives in a team-oriented environment that emphasizes collaboration and personal accountability
- Evidence of compatibility with TCSPP’s mission
- Leadership experience as demonstrated by faculty/staff development, supervision and evaluation.
- Experience with academic accreditation and assessment.
- Experience with adult learners and other non-traditional students.
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org