The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture and laboratory instruction in dental hygiene courses. The assignment may also include courses in other related disciplines. Will also carry primary responsibility as the junior or senior clinic coordinator.
Bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene or appropriately related field is required. Master’s degree in dental hygiene is highly desired. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
Minimum of two years clinical experience as a dental hygienist is required and five years experience is desired.
Demonstrated successful experience planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs in dental hygiene at an accredited educational institution is desired.
Two years of successful teaching experience at an accredited institution is also desired.
Knowledge of educational theory and practice, including curriculum development, educational psychology, test construction, measurement and evaluation, outcomes assessment and case based learning.
License as a Registered Dental Hygienist in California, including expanded function certificate, is required.
Other: Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture and laboratory classes in dental hygiene and/or other related disciplines.
2. Primary responsibility as the junior or senior clinic coordinator which includes summer and winter clinic intersessions.
3. Coordinate and oversee the implementation of skills evaluations and clinical competence for clinical courses.
4. Responsible for working with community service agency representatives and with adjunct faculty to prepare students to meet evolving community needs for dental hygienists.
5. Participate in annual program review and self-study reports required by the District and accrediting agency.
6. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, and student activities.
7. Other responsibilities include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
8. Supervising student organizations and other co-curricular activities is expected of all faculty members.
9. Participate in curriculum development and professional development activities.
10. Participate in the review of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and the Student Learning Outcomes assessment cycle.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintain broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District’s Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Georgina Villasenor, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8595.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Copies of license, credential, certificate, etc.
Effective Employment Date:
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
- Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
- Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
- The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.