POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and vision of Delta College
- Support and assess student learning and academic achievement to ensure student success
- Develop appropriate innovation in teaching and learning to meet differing learning styles and needs
- Collaborate voluntarily and energetically with colleagues in the academic discipline and with other faculty colleagues to develop effective learning experiences for a diverse student body
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- Integrate international and intercultural experiences in the college, community, and curriculum
- Serve the community through outreach activities
- Make effective and innovative use of appropriate technology in the performance of the listed responsibilities and accountabilities
- Participate in shared governance as a full member of the academic community
- Teach at least 30 equated credit hours annually in a variety of settings including day, evening, weekend, on campus, off campus, online and in-person
- Commit to ongoing educational and professional growth
- Engage fully in course, discipline, and program development
- Attend and participate in discipline, division, and college meetings
- Possess minimum technology skills and understanding of a course management system
- Implement continuous quality improvement related to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment to work with all individuals within the DH program, Health and Wellness Division and others within the College.
- As a faculty team member, work with other DH faculty members to ensure that the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) standards are met.
- Teach didactic, laboratory, preclinical and clinical courses in Dental Hygiene.
- Bachelor degree in Dental Hygiene or related field
- Demonstrate professional growth in the profession of Dental Hygiene
- Demonstrate professional growth in teaching methodology
- College teaching experience
- Current or eligible for Dental Hygiene Licensure in Michigan
- Current Certificate for CPR, Local Anesthesia and Nitrous Oxide
- Current 2 year Clinical Experience in Dental Hygiene
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Experience teaching in a variety of formats
- Master’s degree in Dental Hygiene or related field