- Teach courses in undergraduate online BS degree completion program and traditional BS dental hygiene program (on campus).
- Contribute to program and course development.
- Participate in Dental Hygiene Department activities.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Engage in research and service to the University, community and profession.
- Standard teaching load is 24 credits per year.
- Master’s degree in Dental Hygiene/Dental Hygiene Education or Master’s degree in other field with tested experience that meets Higher Learning Commission faculty credentialing requirements.
- Minnesota license in dental hygiene, dental therapy, or dentistry or license by time of appointment.
- Current dental hygiene or dental clinical practice with a minimum of five years of experience
- Available to work evenings
- College or corporate level teaching experience.
- Doctoral Degree.
- College level didactic teaching experience in dental field.
- College level clinical/laboratory teaching experience in dental field.
- College level online teaching experience in dental field.
- Experience with local anesthesia and nitrous oxide sedation.
- Clinical experience with technology.
- Instructional technology skills.
- Clinical and/or educational experience with restorative functions.
- Demonstrated scholarly achievement in research and/or grants.
- Demonstrated service to the community.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience in teaching writing intensive courses.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The dental hygiene program at Minnesota State University, Mankato is accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation. The Department has 8 full-time faculty with approximately 90 undergraduate majors in traditional and degree-completion tracks. The Department is located in the College of Allied Health and Nursing. For more information about the Dental Hygiene Department, please visit our website: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/dental/ .
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Dr. Angela Monson
Clinical Sciences Building 122
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: 507-389-1016 TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.