American Institute (AI) is presently reviewing resumes for qualified instructors in the field of Dental Assisting. There are position openings located at our New Jersey campus in Clifton and our Connecticut campus in West Hartford. We are seeking day and evening faculty to work either part time and/or full time for the institution.
The position requires at a minimum to be a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) licensed by the state, as required; Must possess current knowledge and experience in dental assisting including proficiency in didactic and clinical four-handed and/or six-handed dentistry.
Note: Applicants who are dentists are not required to hold the CDA or RDA credential.
Interested candidates must have graduated from an accredited program and/or recognized training entity. Additionally, the applicant must possess two (2) years of practical dental assisting experience; OR a minimum of three (3) years of dental assisting related training and experience, if you are not a graduate from an accredited program in the dental assisting field.
Foreign credentials are welcome as long as the program of study has been evaluated to qualitatively and quantitatively be equivalent to a US credential, and such evaluation has been conducted by an agency with either NACES or AICE membership.
Summary: An Instructor or faculty member cultivates the school’s mission and objectives through student instruction, guidance, and review in order to ensure the successful academic program and personal development of each student.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Deliver curriculum as specified in the School Catalog and Addendum, and approved syllabi on schedule, meeting all stated objectives and related timelines. Ensure that total contact hours for courses taught are delivered as you are responsible for comprehensive course instruction within specified program area.
2. Provide Director of Distance Education with active input in course development (i.e., course descriptions, syllabus creation, textbook material, or equipment review). Start and end class sessions on time.
3. Create and revise daily lesson plans, as well as develop and administer examinations based upon stated course objectives.
4. Participate in new faculty orientation, training, meetings, in-service program, and professional development activities as scheduled.
5. Responsible for accurate record keeping of student attendance and academic progress.
1. Create a classroom environment which fosters students’ academic growth and guides their professional development.
2. Must keep the Director of Education apprised of student progress (i.e., academic and attendance), especially in terms of performance trends detrimental to the development of a firm educational foundation utilizing resources such as academic advisement and early warning forms.
3. Provide help to those students experiencing difficulty in the mastery of course work. Conduct classes using organized, interesting and engaging methods that create an environment conducive to learning and facilitate student motivation. Assume responsibility for student learning rather than allowing students to fail to learn.
4. Advise students who have minor problems which may be thwarting educational progress. Must reefer students whom have major problems in completing or succeeding in the program to the Program Director and/or Director of Education.
5. Correct and return quizzes, tests and lab assignments within 48 hours to students.
6. Utilize instructional and audiovisual aids, and all available resources in the online environment.
7. Report damaged, broken, or malfunction equipment immediately to the Director of Distance Education.
8. Required to turn in grades within 48 hours of the end of term.
9. Although you will be provided with most teaching materials, you may be required and are expected, if necessary to enhance the curriculum. This can include devising assignments, worksheets, notes, tests and answer keys, and activities.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
For immediate consideration, candidates should submit his/her resume & cover letter in in Word or PDF format via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the quantity of applications received, the institution will only contact those candidates we are interested in interviewing. NOTE: American Institute does not pay for relocation costs.