The Dean of Health Programs leads the College’s efforts to educate the healthcare workforce and enhance the profile, visibility, and effectiveness of health programs in support of College goals and objectives. This position provides leadership, management, and support for program directors and coordinators, instructional support, faculty, and curricula. The Dean fosters a high-quality environment of academic teaching and intellectual achievement, and creates and strengthens partnerships within and outside of the College as a strong advocate. The Dean shapes, cultivates, and implements a strategic vision for the nursing and allied health departments, reports to the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer, and serves on President’s Cabinet.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in nursing, an allied health discipline, adult education, or closely related field;
- Minimum of (5) years of progressive work experience in any combination of the following: healthcare administration, nursing, allied health, college teaching/academic administration OR
- Three (3) years teaching experience at the college level and one (1) year experience as a program chair or demonstrated experience supervising faculty and/or staff in a community college setting
- Demonstrated experience with cultivating and sustaining high-level professional relationships and partnerships;
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style; exceptional oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to student-centered principles and understanding of the community college mission;
SALARY and BENEFITS
- Hiring range is $85,000 – $92,000
- Benefits include paid holidays, annual and sick leave, medical insurance, and participation in the N.C. State Retirement System.
APPLY ONLINE at www.cravencc.edu , select “Employment” at the bottom of the web page (under About Us). That will take you to the Human Resources main page. Click on the picture for Prospective Employees, (or click Learn more beneath that picture). In the center of that page click on the link for “Job Center”.
Applicants must submit all required documents requested in the online application process to be considered. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation and employer/professional reference check will be conducted. Federal Law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position with Craven Community College.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
June 30, 2017
Craven Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or citizenship status.
Craven Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution