Posting Number: req3301
Faculty Type: Clinician Educator
Hiring Department: IM Div of Infectious Diseases (851N)
Academic Location: School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, Department of Internal Medicine, seeks faculty members to join the Division of Infectious Diseases. The Division of Infectious Diseases is based at both University Hospital and at the affiliated Veterans Administration Medical Center, providing clinical services, outreach clinics and education throughout New Mexico. The division cares for a unique array of infectious diseases in a diverse, underserved population. As the only academic medical center for the state, opportunity exists for innovation in teaching and providing care for both rural and urban populations from diverse cultures. We seek a clinician that will provide outstanding care in OPAT clinics. This is primarily an outpatient position but some inpatient consultative work is possible.
This position is Open Rank and on the Clinician Educator track. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and education. This position may be subject to a criminal records screening in accordance with New Mexico law.
- Must be board certified in Internal Medicine
- Must be board certified/board eligible in Infectious Diseases by date of hire
- Must be eligible to work in US (this is not a J1 Visa opportunity).
- Clinical experience in inpatient and outpatient settings within a hospital environment
- Clinical experience with monitoring PICC lines and IV antibiotic therapy administration and monitoring experience
- Experience in education involving medical students, residents and subspecialty fellows in Infectious Diseases
Application InstructionsA complete application includes:
- Cover Letter
Inquiries may be directed to Michelle Harkins, MD Interim Division Chief of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico ( email@example.com )