Requisition Number: 07187
The School of Pharmacy at West Virginia University has an opening for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty appointment with a secondary appointment in the School of Medicine. The primary responsibility is to develop and maintain an inpatient clinical pharmacy practice at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) Memorial or General Hospital in Charleston, WV. The practice focuses on medication management of hospitalized patients and facilitating transitions of care from the inpatient to the outpatient setting and vice versa. The faculty member is expected to document the financial benefits of the position. The individual also has faculty responsibilities in the areas of teaching, research/scholarship, and service.
- Registered Pharmacist with appropriate experience; licensed or eligible for licensure in West Virginia.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy.
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited residency in pharmacy practice (PGY1).
- Completion of a PGY2 residency in family medicine, internal medicine, pharmacotherapy, or a similar area or have at least 2 years of related practice experience.
- Certification in basic life support (BLS) and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).
- Certification in Pharmacotherapy (BCPS) by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (or other relevant board certification) is expected within two years of hire.
- A high level of clinical practice skills, enthusiasm for didactic and clinical teaching, and the interpersonal skills needed for interacting effectively with students, faculty, health professionals, and patients.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=07187 Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans