The General Dentistry Department works in close cooperation with the Offices of Academic Support, Clinical Affairs, and Dental Education and Informatics to support the School’s programs and initiatives. In addition, the department works closely with other Schools and Colleges of East Carolina University and other components of the University of North Carolina, as well as local/regional educational and clinical programs.
Specific duties include:
- Assignment to Ross Hall, Greenville, for 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week) or where assigned in the SoDM system and 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week) at Community Service Learning Center, Brunswick.
- Instructing pre-doctoral students in the following environments: simulation laboratory, didactic (classroom / seminar), and clinic.
- Providing coverage for pre-doctoral students in the clinical setting in procedures as pertaining to the General Dentistry Model of the School of Dental Medicine.
- Helping ensure the dental students are competent in the management of patients requiring all disciplines of dentistry.
- Conducting basic or clinical research, and/or other scholarly activities, that will qualify for appropriate promotion.
- Actively participating in the school’s faculty practice.
- Seeking to serve on committees and boards for state/federal government agencies, professional societies, and/or within the school.
- Providing coverage as needed to the Community Service Learning Centers for clinical teaching and patient care in addition to Community Service Learning Center, Brunswick.
- Responding to assignments from the Assistant Dean for Extramural Clinical Practices, Director of Clinical Education, Chair of General Dentistry, and the Dean of the School of Dental Medicine that are essential to division’s and school’s operations.
This is a fixed term or tenure track faculty position at the title of Clinical Assistant Professor/ Assistant Professor or higher.
- DMD, DDS from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited institution or equivalent dental degree.
- Commitment to building teams in planning and to identify and resolve problems.
- Commitment to conducting basic and/or clinical research, and other scholarly activities that will help qualify for appropriate promotion.
- Commitment to participating in faculty practice or supporting/providing preclinical/clinical instruction as a substitute.
Special Instructions to Applicants: East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with Qualifications