Chair of Physical Therapy Education
Upstate Medical University, an academic medical center in Syracuse, New York, seeks a qualified and energetic chairperson to lead its CAPTE-accredited DPT program.
TOP 10 REASONS TO EXPLORE SUNY UPSTATE:
- Mid-sized department of 12 experienced faculty with advanced credentials in 6 specialty areas poised for new programs, services, and opportunities across the department and University.
- An outstanding licensure pass rate -124 of our 125 graduates from 2013-2017 passed on the first time (99% pass rate) – and strong placement in residencies.
- State of the art teaching space with the latest in technology on one dedicated floor, in a beautiful new Academic Building that opened in 2017. Fixed class size of 40 students.
- Variety of active research programs by PT faculty and students with strong support and infrastructure for equipment, space, and collaboration across the Medical Center and University. ( upstate.edu/researchadmin/facilities/)
- Commitment to diverse populations, community relations and service including faculty and student involvement in after-school exercise programs, refugee clinics and outreach to senior living centers.
- Use of clinically focused innovative teaching methods, such as standardized patients for integrated clinical exams in a 22-bed Clinical Skills Center and a growing interprofessional education program. Opening later in 2018, a new simulation center will provide exciting opportunities for authentic, interprofessional learning on campus.
- Strong clinical education. Our students get 36 weeks of full-time clinical education experiences – at sites supported by innovative academic and clinical education faculty.
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits, protected research time and/or program development time and direct support staff as well as University and College support.
- As part of the State University of New York there are numerous resources and opportunities to work with other PT programs in the system.
- Our academic medical center has 1,500 students in four colleges. As the largest employer in Central NY, we have two hospitals (>1,000 beds), a Level-1 trauma center, a cancer center, children’s hospital and multiple rehab facilities.
We are adjacent to a VA hospital, Syracuse University and the SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry. Syracuse is noted for affordable housing, ease of mobility and is within an hour’s drive to the Finger Lakes and Adirondacks. Our four seasons allow for spectacular springs, endless summer pursuits, colorful autumns and abundant winter recreation.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A demonstrated commitment to faculty and student body diversity
- Experience in building post-professional educational opportunities (PhD, residencies, fellowships, etc.)
- Solid background in innovative teaching and scholarship that translates into mentorship for students and faculty
- Creative vision for DPT entry-level and post-professional education
SUNY Upstate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dale Avers, PT, DPT, PhD, FAPTA
Chair, Search Committee
To apply: http://www.upstate.edu