The candidate we are seeking is a senior faculty member who possesses strong leadership skills, teaching excellence, an established research record, and a vision consistent with emerging health care delivery. This is a full-time, 12-month appointment, tenure-track/tenured at the Associate/ Full professor level.
The Chair serves as the academic and operational leader of the Department of Physical Therapy’s (DPT) program by providing effective leadership in the areas of accreditation, curriculum, faculty development, student recruitment, quality improvement, strategic planning, and budget management. As a faculty member, the Chair will have the opportunity to teach, maintain her/his own research program, and engage in interprofessional activities across the institution’s other schools/colleges and with external organizations. In collaboration with the faculty, the Department Chair assures delivery of the DPT curriculum in a manner that meets program goals, learning outcomes, and fulfills the vision, mission and strategic plan of the department, UNTHSC School of Health Professions and the University.
The University relies on a culture of values – integrity, collaboration, respect, serve others first, be visionary – to create solutions for a healthier community. We develop and deliver these solutions in an interprofessional, team-based environment that promotes patient-centered care. We are seeking a faculty member who recognizes the importance of values-based leadership and whose vision is consistent with emerging health care delivery. Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Earned academic doctoral degree (eg; PhD, EdD, DHS), as well as a license or eligibility to practice as a physical therapist in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of six years of full-time higher education experience, with a minimum of three years of full-time experience in a PT education program.
- Established record of excellence in teaching, with a defined area of professional content expertise.
- Established record of research/scholarly activity.
- Active involvement in the PT profession and understanding of key educational issues.
- Understanding of and experience with curriculum content, design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage in flexible, collaborative decision-making.
- Strong interest in faculty development and mentoring.
- Innovative vision and effective leadership skills to inspire teams to reach goals.
Applicants must complete the online application located at www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60565
Inquiries can be directed to Dr. Brandy Schwarz, chair of the search committee at email@example.com
A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.