Posting Number: req3504
Faculty Type: Open Rank
Hiring Department: Department of Dental Medicine (525A)
Academic Location: School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefitshome page for more information.
The Department of Dental Medicine at the University of New Mexico School Of Medicine in Albuquerque is looking for an fulltime Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon (OMFS) to provide and oversee surgical services including but not limited to: oral/head and neck pathology, maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction, nasoalveolar cleft and dentofacial deformities, dentoalveolar and implant surgery. This is a clinical or tenure track position at the rank of Associate Professor. The position will carry a dual appointment in the Departments of dental medicine and Surgery. The successful applicant will join an interdisciplinary team of faculty providing the delivery of education, surgical services, clinical care and research.
- Resident education and training.
- Intramural practice.
- Trauma call at UNMH, a Level I trauma center
- Assist in the development of the clinical, educational and research aspects of the program.
- Play a pivotal role in building an oral and maxillofacial residency program at the University of New Mexico
- Participation in cleft lip and palate Craniofacial anomalies team.
- CODA accredited DDS/DMD
- Completion of a full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program
- OMS Board Certified or an active candidate for certification
- Eligibility for licensure in New Mexico
- Experience working with dental and or medical residents
- Experience in the practice of the full scope oral and maxillofacial surgery and trauma.
Upload a cover letter and CV