The Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs and Student Assessment for the College of Nursing is a full time 12 month position that is appointed by the Dean with the approval of the Provost. The position reports directly to the Dean of the College and is responsible for all aspects of undergraduate affairs and the assessment, measurement and reporting of student learning outcomes. The Associate Dean holds academic rank and may teach a maximum of 3 credits per semester with the approval of the Dean.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate undergraduate course offerings in collaboration with department chairs and program directors.
- Identify and evaluate all aspects of effective use of information technology materials; patient simulation and online instruction.
- Facilitate undergraduate curriculum development, assessment and evaluation for all programs.
- Oversee and coordinate all formative and summative evaluation processes. Problem solve issues related to undergraduate student assessment, evaluation and outcomes.
- Synthesize all undergraduate program outcomes assessments using HESI, ExamSoft and EBI programs.
- Review and present all undergraduate program outcomes assessment data for EPC, curriculum committees, Faculty Assembly and the Dean’s Office.
- Organize all outcome data for all UG programs as required by professional nursing accreditation bodies: CCNE, NLN, NJ Board of Nursing, the NJ Collaborating Center, and SHU Program Review.
- Seek grant funding from government agencies, foundations and corporations to support excellence in the facilitation of undergraduate student outcomes in collaboration with the Dean and appropriate faculty.
- Organize and facilitate faculty development, orientation and mentoring in collaboration with the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research.
- Collaborate with chairs and administrators to complete all annual reports as required by the College, University and outside agencies.
- Oversee the administration of undergraduate outcomes assessment including HESI and EBI.
- Oversee the administration of accreditation reports in coordination with the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Research.
- Determine eligibility to sit for NCLEX and make recommendations to the Dean for the student to sit for NCLEX. Validate and approve registrar’s audit for graduation.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Student Success and supervise the Chair and Assistant Chairs of the Undergraduate Department.
- Other duties as requested.
- The successful candidate will be a team player with extensive experience as a faculty member and have a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience in a position of Assistant or Associate Dean or other related area.
- A PhD in Nursing or equivalent with an MSN in Nursing required.
- The successful candidate will possess a vision and passion for excellence in all matters of pedagogy, innovative teaching strategies, simulation information technologies, and comprehension of assessment of learning outcomes for undergraduate education.
- Experience with undergraduate curriculum development, outcomes assessment measurement and program evaluation is required.
- Experience in the development of accreditation reports for CCNE and the State Board of Nursing is essential to the position.
- Additionally, the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of undergraduate students and university personnel is a requirement for the position.
- Administrative – A210
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.