We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment.
The Sullivan University System has been named one of the Best Places to Work for three years in a row, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
We are currently looking for an Assistant/Associate/Professor in Biomedical & Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Assistant/Associate/Professor will be responsible for teaching within the biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences (specifically within pharmaceutics/biopharmaceutics and compounding) based on expertise within the accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program. The selected candidate will develop and teach professional elective courses in their area of interest and expertise, serve as advisor to Doctor of Pharmacy students and student organizations, provide service to the department, the College, the profession and community, initiate and pursue scholarly activity in the biomedical or pharmaceutical sciences and advance the field of specialization. This is a non-tenure position.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Teach in a College of Pharmacy pharmaceutics curriculum both didactic and laboratory setting (e.g. compounding) with assessment of learning
- Serve as a faculty mentor/advisor for professional students and participate in student recruitment
- Develop an elective course within the candidate’s field of expertise
- Service to the Pharmaceutical Science Department and College through committee work and leadership of course coordination, service to the profession at local, regional, and national levels, and participate in community service.
- Actively conduct and contribute to scholarly pursuits
- Support attainment of the College’s Mission and goals as outlined in the university and college Strategic Plans.
Requirements of the position include:
- PhD in a biomedical or pharmaceutical science with preferable expertise in pharmaceutics, drug formulation/design, compounding, etc.
- Teaching experience in higher education, preferable in pharmacy or other health science areas
- Evidence of commitment to scholarship
- Excellent communication skills
This job description lists the major responsibilities of the job title listed. By no means is the job limited only to the responsibilities listed. Cooperation between employees is expected during periods of heavier than normal workloads and revisions to these duties on either a temporary or permanent basis is possible.
The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.