The Department of Healthcare Management is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time faculty position to teach Healthcare Management courses at our Adult Education centers in Saint Leo, FL and online.
This is a twelve (12) month, year round, full-time faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level with eight (8) weeks release time to be determined in consultation with the department chair.
An exceptional candidate possessing a doctorate degree with experience may be considered at the Associate level.
This position is pending final budget approval for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Review of candidate materials begins immediately for anticipated start date of July 1, 2017.
In addition to curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Values Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (see special instructions)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum)
- Values statement (500 words or less) highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Teaching philosophy (500 words or less) highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Official transcripts (including WES evaluation if from an international university)
- All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, “Recommendations will be sent independently.” Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below.
- Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted.
Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant. *Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
The faculty member will be required to:
- Teach 9 classes per year;
- Support recruiting efforts;
- Demonstrate professional development (e.g., scholarly research);
- Undertake community service in keeping with the school’s Benedictine values.
- Teach on-ground, online;
- Teach evenings and weekends; and
- Teach undergraduate and graduate classes.
- Be able to teach traditional and non-traditional age students; and
- Demonstrate the ability to use discipline-related computer programs
Must possess a Doctorate degree in Healthcare Administration/ Management, or a closely related field, from a regionally accredited institution with credentials to teach Healthcare Administration/ Management courses at the undergraduate and graduate level per accreditation guidelines (minimum of 18 graduate semester credits in Healthcare Administration/ Management).