The college of Allied Health Professions at Montana State University Billings gives attention to the broader definition of allied health and includes those academic programs in behavioral sciences, therapeutic sciences, and support services. The College is proud to offer curriculum, faculty, and administrative services that help to prepare students to face the challenges of a changing world. All academic programs in the College emphasize the technical skills required for practice in health and human service professions but also stress the importance of a well-rounded education that includes such life skills as critical thinking, literacy, historical consciousness, multicultural experience, and a sense of values.
BRIEF OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The responsibilities of the Assistant Professor for Health & Human Performance at Montana State University Billings include: teaching undergraduate level courses in health and human performance including exercise science, research methods, sports nutrition, biomechanics, and/or motor control, with possibility of teaching graduate level courses; directing undergraduate and graduate theses; advising undergraduate and graduate students; conducting and publishing research and engaging in other related scholarly activities; providing service to the department, college, and university consistent with the university’s commitment to the mission of MSUB.
- Ph.D. in an exercise science or related field, ABD (“All But Dissertation”) may be considered with completion at time of appointment
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college or university level
- Demonstrated ability in research and related scholarly achievement
- Demonstrated success in service related to the profession and/or community
- Demonstrated success collaborating with other professionals
- Current ACSM (EP-C), CSCS or similar nationally recognized certification
- Ability and experience advising students
- Ability and experience directing thesis and other student research projects
- Work experience in Nutrition or Health and Wellness or Outdoor Recreation
Salary to Commensurate with education and experience.
PLEASE REFER TO THE MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE