Under the direction of the VP of Academic Affairs and the Chair of the Health, Exercise and Sport Science Department, this position is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the areas of Human Performance, Coaching, and Sports Administration. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching. The Assistant/Associate Professor is responsible for teaching courses of the highest quality in the traditional face-to-face setting as well as through University of the Cumberland’s Blackboard environment. Additionally, the Assistant/Associate Professor will be proactively involved in continuing the growth of the university, the department and its programs through:
- Working collaboratively and successfully with colleagues and other university faculty members
- Academic advising of students
- Performing assigned committee work for the department and the University
- Participating in university events
Job Requirements:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctorate in Health & Human Performance, Health Sciences, Coaching, or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Student-driven and teaching-focused with the ability to lead faculty and staff
- Experience in teaching higher education and curriculum development with preference given to those with experience in leadership of faculty in teaching and curricular development
- Willingness to participate in activities supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, human relations, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Previous experience in a college or university.
- Experience with a variety of pedagogical and technological educational delivery methods.