Governors State University’s College of Health and Human Services seeks to fill a tenure-track, faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Health Administration beginning in fall 2018. The successful candidate will be qualified to teach in a CAHME accredited graduate and AUPHA-certified undergraduate program in health administration as well as specialized courses. Ability to teach in multiple areas of healthcare management; ability to integrate technology into course design; ability to make intellectual contribution through publication/presentation; and ability to contribute to the University’s commitment to enhancing student awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are important.
The responsibilities of this position include both teaching and serve as the graduate program director. It also includes advising students; developing and securing field experience sites; conducting scholarly and/or creative activities; publishing in health care management, policy or health services research, serving on departmental, college, the University committees, and providing services to the community.
We seek candidates that are both professionally and academically qualified with outstanding teaching skills, interest in advising non-traditional or diverse student populations, evidence of a potential or distinguished record of scholarship consistent with tenure-track expectations, and professional services via projects, committees or other faculty roles.
1) Doctorate in Health Management, Health Administration, Public Health, Health Policy, health services research; or related discipline.
2) Successful teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate level; and
3) Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
1) Ability to teach multiple Healthcare Management courses. Strong methodological and quantitative research skills are desirable. Applicants for the Associate Professor level will be expected to have a documented record of peer-reviewed publications.
2) Health care industry experience and experience in the graduate health management accreditation is a plus.
Days 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Position Type: Faculty, Tenure Track
Collective Bargaining Status of Position: Unionized
Posting Number: FA0187P