The 12-month, Assistant Professor will work with a team of dedicated faculty who are building on a rich legacy of excellence in dental education and expanding our capacity as a national resource in the dental profession. Position responsibilities include directing and serving as a group practice leader and patient advocate in the School’s comprehensive team based practice model as well as supporting the delivery of the curriculum in preclinical courses and labs.
Primary appointment will be in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences. Candidates must have a DDS/DMD degree from an ADA accredited institution and be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Nebraska. This is a non-tenure position and will require academic appointment in the Clinician Educator track. Candidates must also possess strong organizational and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a collegial, interdisciplinary environment. Private Practice experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Participation in scholarly activity and service is encouraged. Understanding of the mission and purpose of the School of Dentistry and the identity of Creighton University as a premier Catholic, Jesuit university is essential. Is responsible for advising students. Serves on University Committees and can choose to participate in other campus-related activities/groups.
Potential candidates for an Assistant Professor are encouraged to review the Faculty Handbook at:
Candidates must have a DDS/DMD degree from an ADA accredited institution and be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Nebraska.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to foster student learning, development, and decision making in support of their goals, success, wellness, and needs;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with a diversity of populations;
- Empathy and compassion for the experiences of others;
- Seeing: 75 – 100%
- Hearing: 75-100%
- Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 25-49%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 10 lbs.)
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
- Travel: No and Yes
- Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: Yes