Specific duties include:
- Participating in the Recruiting, hiring, and mentoring of the faculty and staff in the Division of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Working closely with the Chair of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and the Assistant Dean for Dental Education and Informatics in curriculum development, implementation and review of curriculum content related to pediatric dentistry and to optimize the use of technology to support the division’s teaching programs.
- Working closely with the Chair of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs in the development, implementation and review of the preclinical, clinical, and academic components of the electronic dental record related to Pediatric Dentistry and in quality assurance and compliance efforts.
- Developing programs to involve dental students, residents and other dental school faculty in research activities.
- Helping ensure the dental students are competent in the management of pediatric dentistry patients as appropriate for the general practitioner.
- Coordinating and participation in the delivery curricular content related to human craniofacial growth and development.
- Coordinating of academic programs within the Pediatric Dentistry Division in the School and at the community services learning centers.
- Assisting in the continued development of the Pediatric Dentistry Residency Program.
- Developing and delivering state-of-the-art continuing education programs related to Pediatric Dentistry.
- Preparing accreditation and other program documentation, as needed.
- Responding to local and national requests for information and documentation related to the section’s didactic and clinical programs.
- Participating in budget planning for the division and ensuring that staffing, equipment, and funding are appropriate for the mission requirements as they relate to Pediatric Dentistry.
- Actively participating in the School’s faculty practice plan with other departmental faculty.
- Seeking to serve on committees and boards for state/federal government agencies, professional societies, and within the school. Responding to assignments from the Chair of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and the Dean of the school of Dental Medicine essential to the department’s and school’s operations.
- Attending meetings and representing the School in internal and external venues as requested by the Chair of Pediatric Dentistry and Dentofacial Orthopedics and Orthodontics or the Dean.
- Representing the School to external constituencies, as appropriate.
- Performing other duties and assuming additional responsibilities as assigned by the Chair of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics or the Dean.
- Fixed Term or Tenure-Track Position available at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor.
Special Instructions To Application:Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- DMD, DDS or equivalent dental degree.
- Pediatric Dentistry certification from an appropriately CODA accredited institution.
- Commitment to building teams, to conducting basic and/or clinical research, to identifying and resolving problems and to pursuing other scholarly activities that will help qualify for appropriate promotion.
Full time or Part time: Full TimePosition Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 001286