Fontbonne University seeks an Assistant Professor or Instructor of Sports Management to join the Business Department faculty in the Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies. This is a full time, nine-month faculty position with an excellent benefit package. Applicants who possess a terminal degree will be considered for the appointment of Assistant Professor, which is tenure track eligible. Applicants who possess a Master’s degree with significant industry experience are encouraged to apply, and will be considered for the appointment of Instructor. ABD’s are also encouraged to apply for an Instructor appointment, which will become a tenure track eligible Assistant Professor appointment upon completion of their terminal degree.
The University also boasts the ACBSP accredited Business Department within the Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies (ECGBPS) which offers more than a dozen undergraduate and graduate degree programs in traditional day, evening, and online formats. All students are provided with enormous opportunities for growth, learning, and success – all with a broad worldview.
Learn more about ECGBPS: http://www.fontbonne.edu/ecgb
Reporting to the Business Department Chair, the Assistant Professor/Instructor of Sports Management will teach courses within the Sports Management major. Program development opportunities exist within the current curriculum as we seek candidates with backgrounds in sports disciplines such as administration, leadership, management, coaching, and data analytics. The ECGBPS also houses the Social Work Department and Fashion Merchandising department, so there are also easily accessible and unique opportunities for interdisciplinary programming that can further distinguish Fontbonne’s Sports Management major in the region.
- Responsible for a standard faculty teaching load of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Participate in the development, growth, and expansion of the sports management program.
- Advise students, specifically Sports Management majors as appropriate.
- Maintain office hours and an appropriate, student centered presence on campus
- Be an integral member of the College; significantly contributing to the activities of the College which could include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in ACBSP accreditation activities
- Fundraising and grant writing as it pertains to the Sports Management discipline
- Building and maintenance of internal and external relationships as it pertains to the Sports Management discipline
- Work with other members of the Department, College, and Fontbonne community to move the University in a positive direction
- Other Department and College committees and activities as requested by the Business Department Chair and Dean of the College deemed desirable for the Department, College, or University
- Perform other responsibilities set forth in the faculty manual
- For Instructor appointment: Master’s Degree in Sports Management or related field. ABD status will receive initial appointment as Instructor.
- For Assistant Professor appointment: PhD in Sports Management or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and/or service.
- Area of expertise is open, but preference is for candidates with sports administration, leadership, management, coaching, and/or data analytics experience.
- Sports industry experience
- Experience in curriculum and program development in a mission driven, teaching institution
- Experience with sports management accrediting bodies
- Teaching experience
- Experience with MS Office, learning management systems, and classroom technology
Please attach a current CV, letter of introduction, statement of teaching philosophy and the names of three references.