Dixie State University is seeking an energetic and collegial faculty member (tenure-track Assistant Professor) with the desire and ability to help create one of the premiere Population Health programs in the nation. The Population Health degree is part of The Department of Health & Human Performance, within the Dixie State University College of Health Sciences. DSU will seek accreditation for two emphases within the degree: Health Care Administration and Public Health. We seek a dynamic educator with a vision for inter-professional collaboration and a desire to embrace the DSU core theme of active learning.active live; this appointment will begin July 1, 2018. More information about the Department of Health & Human Performance can be found online at https://health.dixie.edu/health-human-performance/.
- Assist in developing the degree tracks toward accreditation within the Bachelor’s degree program in Population Health
- Teach equivalent of 24 credit hours per academic year as assigned, plus provide institutional service as defined by University policy and the College of Health Sciences
- Assist in the assessment of the Population Health program through the annual DSU program assessment process
- Improve professionally and maintain currency in the field
- Conduct research, publish, and present results in professional meetings
- Develop and maintain supporting relationships with community and state organizations
- Develop internship experiences relative to student interests in the field of Population Health
- Fulfill faculty responsibilities including participating in department events and committee meetings, holding regular office hours, and advising students
- Earned doctorate in Public Health, Health Care Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited university
- Ability and expertise to teach a variety of courses within the Population Health degree, as well develop and supervise appropriate student internships
- Evidence of effective teaching in an institution of higher education
- Professional experience within the field preferred
- Evidence of desire and potential for scholarship preferred
Contract: Full-time (9 month) tenure-track faculty position. Faculty service begins August 2018; salary and benefits begin July 1, 2018. Annual salary of $56,000+, depending on experience, education, and qualifications; additional compensation available for summer/overload teaching. Excellent benefits package included.
About the University: Dixie State University is an open-enrollment institution committed to student access, affordability and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of “active learning.active life” and we seek faculty committed to providing students with an active learning environment. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world class outdoor recreational opportunities. The University’s Strategic Plan calls for significant expansion into new degree programs and an increase of student enrollment to 12,500 students over the next four years.
DSU seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientation and gender expressions.
Electronic Application Procedures: Application review begins October 23, 2017; position open until filled. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), unofficial transcripts and a Student Success Statement (approximately one page, single-spaced) about their teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population. Please upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.