Required Work Experience:
Postgraduate residency, postgraduate fellowship, or at least three years in a health care practice setting.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Current licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Michigan (reciprocation acceptable but necessary at date of hire). Applicable Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties Certification within 4 years of employment is required if candidate has not completed a postgraduate residency.
Open Until Applicants are Selected, Selected for interview, or Position Filled:
Initial Application Review Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Transcript 1(Required): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcripts of PharmD degree. Transcripts must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
- Teach as part of a team and/or coordinate various academic courses using state of the art teaching methods focusing on hands-on approaches.
- Coordinate the assessment/evaluation of the assigned coursework.
- Collaborate with faculty on curriculum development.
- Maintain posted office hours that are convenient for students.
- Advise and orient students.
- Pursue scholarly/research/service and professional development activities. Serve on College and University committees.
- Staff and serve as a preceptor in the Ferris Pharmacy Care Clinic and Interprofessional Wellness Clinic in collaboration with other College faculty.
- Reports directly to the Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of designated information.
- Performs all duties in compliance with applicable University policies and procedures and state and federal requirements.
- Faculty members also have professional responsibilities which may include advising students, orientation and registration of students, participation in University committees, keeping regular posted office hours (which are scheduled at times convenient for students), and participation in traditional functions which have academic significance. Faculty members may be required to teach off-campus or in an on-line environment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, in writing, editing and verbal communication.
- Highly effective interpersonal and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse students, patients, faculty, and other administrative staff within and across institutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to prioritize tasks and complete multiple projects.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain familiarity with ACPE accreditation standards and assessment strategies.
- Conduct scholarly activity and publish in professional journals.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel regionally or nationally to represent/present on behalf of the College/University.
- Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend events as scheduled.
- Familiarity or experience in team teaching environments.