STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provide academic and clinical instruction for students in the Dental Hygiene Program in lecture, laboratory, and clinical dental hygiene courses and carry out other related duties as assigned by the Dean consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises students in Dental Hygiene Clinic.
- Teaches courses within the program as assigned.
- Utilizes competency-based learning principles that focus on student outcomes reflected in assignments, course objectives, evaluation criteria, instructional strategies, and reference materials.
- Develops innovative and accurate assessment measures that help students demonstrate competency.
- Prepares syllabi and develops curricula addressing course and program requirements and General Education competencies.
- Recommends to the Department Chair suitable instructional material, textbooks, library acquisitions, etc.
- Utilizes technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues and enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
- Provides specific course content consistent with the student’s educational needs, varied learning styles, accreditation standards, and emerging trends in dental hygiene.
- Performs as the faculty advisor to assigned students; submit preferred subject matter and class schedule.
- Post and maintains a minimum of four (4) office hours per week.
- Serves on College committees as elected or appointed.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member and promote a positive work environment.
- Attends Program, Division, and College Committee meetings.
- Participates in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
- Engages in professional development through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations.
- Maintains dental hygiene licensure by participating in appropriate continuing education (CEU’s).
SUPERVISION REQUIRED: Reports to the Dean of Health Sciences.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Current Massachusetts licensure or eligible as Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) with Permit L for local anesthesia; minimum of a Master’s degree and two-three years’ of dental hygiene experience; college level teaching experience; knowledge of dental hygiene accreditation and regulation policies and guidelines; knowledge of dental hygiene governance and regulatory agencies; excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated evidence of cooperation and collaboration with staff, administrators and colleagues; curriculum development skills; experience with technology common in dental hygiene practice and education; and knowledge of computer applications commonly used in dental hygiene, academic and administrative fields; and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, student body, administrators and colleagues.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Administrative/management and community college teaching experience; experience with use of technology for instruction; member of dental hygiene related professional associations; clinical and didactic teaching experience at the college level, preferably at a community college; demonstrated ability to use a variety of teaching and assessment strategies to promote and evaluate student learning; experience working on committees and within teams; strong interpersonal skills and ability to speak a language in addition to English.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits.
Appointment contingent upon satisfactory CORI check and Drug screening.
SALARY: Minimum salary $45,996.00 to $79,782.00 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. Include a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references. Provide a cover letter that addresses how you meet each required and preferred qualification (there is no limit to the number of pages of your cover letter). Screening will continue until the position is filled. In addition, those interviewed will be required to present a 10-15 minute classroom presentation on a topic of the committee’s choice. Finalist candidates must supply official transcripts and/or certifications.
Bristol Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Bristol Community College changes the world by changing lives, learner by learner.