Review of application materials will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by December 1, 2017.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
Level 4 – Medical/Rx, Vision, Dental, Ortho; Basic/Supp/Dep Life; Educ. Benefits; Sick Leave; Holidays Paid; Retirement
Posting Number: 2016546F
Job DescriptionOhio University, Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders, seeks applications and nominations for a tenure track faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor. It is a full-time academic year appointment starting August 15, 2018. We seek a candidate with a commitment to working effectively with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds; an ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse constituencies; outstanding interpersonal skills to relate to diverse populations; and an interest in interprofessional collaborations.
Consideration will be given to candidates who complement and/or expand current department research strengths in cognitive science and cognitive processes in communication disorders, and those with experience and/or interest in one or more of the following professional areas: aphasia, TBI, cognitive processes in communication disorders. Consideration also given to candidates who hold or are eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits including educational benefits for employee & eligible dependents.
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses with a commitment to active learning and use of technology in the learning process
- Sustained productivity and growth in a focused research program and grant writing
- Participate in program coordination duties
- Mentor MA and PhD student researchers
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students
- Service to the Division, School, College, the University, the profession, and the community
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary environment of research, instruction, and community collaborations
- Ph.D. in communication sciences and disorders, speech-language sciences, or closely related field
(foreign equivalent degree acceptable)
- ABD considered with degree completion by employment start date
- Demonstrated experience in scholarly productivity in speech-language sciences/communication sciences and disorders
- Plan for establishing and conducting independent research.
Experience and/or interest in interprofessional collaborations and one or more of the following professional areas:
- Cognitive processes in communication disorders
- Eligibility for Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or satisfactory completion of requirements
Communication Sciences & Disorders
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
Posting Close Date
Job Category: Faculty – Tenure Track (Group I)
Planning Unit: College of Health Sciences & Professions
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position.
Youngsun Kim, Ph.D., Search Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
Clery Act Crime Statistics
To view the Clery Act Compliance Report Click here