The Nursing Department at Worcester State University invites applications for a one year temporary assistant professor position with a start date in the Fall Semester 2018.
Teaching nursing content to undergraduate nursing majors. This includes an average of 4-6 hours of class/lectures per week and two days a week of clinical supervision in on-campus labs and/or in hospital and outpatient settings.
Teaching workload (24 semester hours of credit of instruction per school year), and preparation for classroom instruction.
Teaching experience preferred with ability to teach Fundamental Concepts of Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Maternal Child Nursing, and/or Psychiatric Nursing
Online course development and teaching experience a plus.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited university/college preferred.
- Current licensure in good standing as a registered nurse in Massachusetts
- Minimum of two years full-time employment in nursing or its equivalent within the past five years and evidence of clinical competence in area of clinical instruction
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the university
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its community.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Salary and rank commensurate with education and experience.
All applicants must apply online at: http://worcester.interviewexchange.com
Submission should include: cover letter, CV, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations (if available), and 3 letters of reference.
All information that can be uploaded to one’s e-account should be done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to 508-929-8169 or sent to the following address:
Director of Human Resources
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597
About Worcester State University
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a vibrant public university located in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts, the second largest city in New England and home to 38,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and universities. Situated on a compact 58-acre campus, the University offers 50 undergraduate and graduate academic programs to more than 6,400 students annually. The Princeton Review ranks us as one of the 75 "Best Value" public colleges in the country, as well as a "Best in the Northeast" college.